Tuesday 23 November 2010

Harry Potter 7 Pt 1


So, those of you who know me know that I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan. Judge all you want, I really dont care... I fell in love with the books long before the movies came out. The last book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is not only my favorite Harry Potter book (minus the epilogue...hello JK Rowling, I need more than that...lol), it is probably my favorite book of all time. Again, judge all you want, I dont care.

Anyway, every time we go to see one of the movies, I always leave dissatisfied. They always leave too much out and change things they shouldn't change (do I need to talk about what they did to the Burrow in the last movie...ugh). Anyway, no one ever likes going to see them with m because I critique... well, bitch really, about everything.

This time, I left the theatre and wasn't totally and completely disappointed. There were a few things that I really missed that they left out, but nothing too major. I actually said it was decent adaptation. Christopher freaked out and was like, that's like you saying its the best movie ever!

So yeah, it was alright. I'm excited for the last movie... but I'm sad its the last. Just like I'm sad the books are done. JK Rowling needs to get on it and write some more... I have not had enough of Harry Potter!

On a side note... it is SO different watching the movies once you've lived over here. Like the Dursley's house? SO British! The wallpaper, the decor, the neighborhood, everything.

1 comment:

  1. I was impressed myself!I thought it was the best one yet! The last one honestly wasn't great to me, but then again Jonathan was constantly asking questions pertaining to who/what/when/where and why! Which obviously didn't make it easy to watch. I have to admit that I haven't read a single book, but am really wanting to now! Glad you finally got to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete