Wednesday 25 November 2009

Thankful...

Every year around this time, we all gear up for turkey and dressing (or dressing and turkey, right mom?), deviled eggs, rolls, pumpkin and pecan pie, and just eating ourselves silly. Its also a time to remember why the things we're thankful for, so here's my list this year...

*Christopher...it sounds so cheesy, but he is honestly my best friend in the world and I am so thankful that for some reason he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

*My friends and family... without them I have no idea where I'd be. I seriously have THE best friends and family ever...I know you may disagree and think yours are the best, but they're not, mine take the cake.

*The Navy...I honestly have NO idea where we'd be if it weren't for the Navy. There are days I want to scream because the Navy is stupid, but for the most part I am so thankful for all the opportunities we've been given because Christopher decided to join the Navy.

*The Bourn Clinic... in a few short weeks (roughly 12), we'll start our first round of medication for our first round of IVF... after 3 1/2 years of trying to get pregnant, we make actually be getting pregnant soon and I feel so blessed to be in England and have the opportunity to use the facility where the first test tube baby was born at for our treatment.

*Food...this one is self explanatory.

*Books...also self explanatory

*Travel... once we touch down in Germany, and including the United States, we will have been to five countries this year! I am so thankful that we're in England and able to see the world! It is amazing and wonderful and we are having the time of our lives.

*That I wrote a 50,000 word novel for National Novel Writing month and I finished it in less than 3 weeks. Most of you know that I want to be a writer "when I grow up" and I've never finished anything...I feel soooo accomplished that I did it and I am VERY thankful I found out about November being National Novel Writing month...it gave me the push I needed to write.

*And Christmas!!! I know we're not going to be home this year (and both of us are having to work on Christmas Day), but this will be the first Christmas that we get to come downstairs on Christmas morning to OUR Christmas tree. So, I'm really excited about that. Plus, there's always drama to deal with when we go home, so this Christmas, no drama! :)

*last but certainly not least, God. I am so thankful to Him for all He's given me and done for me. I tend to take Him for granted a lot times, but my life is so blessed and so wonderful because of Him.

I pray that everyone have a safe, happy, and wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. We are some pretty fantastic friends! Thanks for noticing ;) I think cheesecake should be added to your list as well... At least I'm thanksful for cheesecake. Hope you two have a wonderful time in Germany ::very jealous:: I want to see lots of pics! Miss you guys, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post :) I forgot to write a blog on what i was thankful for this year-- i need to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete