Sunday 26 April 2009

Punting

On Saturday, we met up with our new friends Chad and Liz and headed out to Cambridge to go punting! The wikipedia definition of punting includes this:

"A punt should not be confused with a gondola, which is propelled by an oar rather than a pole"

Which is pretty funny since, lets face it, there's not much difference between an oar and a pole. Anyway, it was a beautiful, sunny day in England and we got some great shots!


On Saturdays in Cambridge there are tons of street vendors and performers. This guy was by far, the coolest! He's on a tightrope and playing the violin!



And Christopher started out punting and did a pretty good job...

although, he did steer us into a tree or two....


I think this is the back of Queen's College, if I'm not mistaken





And spring has made is way in full force over here, so every day we see more and more baby animals. This baby goslings were so cute!
Then Chad took over the punting...
...and the pole got stuck in the muck at the bottom of the river and we had to paddle back to get it...hahaha

One of the buildings covered in Wisteria





2 comments:

  1. Hi, This is Kellea's grandma. I just got on your blog through Kellea's and just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it.The pictures are awesome. I'm happy Kellea chose you for the god-mother--I'M GOING TO BE A GREAT-GRANDMOTHER.I didn't know you were in England, I know Kellea misses you. She is quit lonely right now.I hope this goes through, I'm not very "literate" at "posting". Linda Foy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics....love the punting definition!!

    ReplyDelete